Saturday, September 6, 2008

A day in Morris: Another photo story (with some more words)

Dear Jacob,

Welcome to my dorm room at Bemidji State University! We are only here for a short time to say a few things. Those things are that I am currently back in Morris for the weekend, and that the drive down here sucked. Why, do you ask? Well because you and I drove those roads way too much before you left and now there are memories and what-not. It will get better over time, of course, but for now, well I am still going through Jacob withdrawal. ;-)

With out further ado, on with the story!

I am about ready to leave my dorm to head to Morris for the weekend. (woohoo) I am wearing Jacob's shirt in this picture only to rub it in that I look better in it that he does!

ok, so once I got to Morris on Friday night my first stop was the China Buffet. It was kind of late, so the food wasnt top knotch, but the lady there was her usual crazy self and was asking my questions at 100 miles an hour. (including if the woman with me was my sister) It wasnt, it was my mom. (and how come my boyfriend wasnt with me) It took me a while to get it across that he was in Japan to study. But after China Buffet, Mom and I went to Libby's!


Mom and jazz bonding on the couch


Jazz and Lib posing for a picture


Jazz showing me some love!

At libby's I found the CUTEST little jar of ketchup I have ever seen! Of course I had to take a picture of it.


Ok, now flash forward a couple 12 hours....


On Saturday, I spent most of the day in my PJ's (my favorite weekend pastime!) and hung out at home, helped mom paint some doors for the entry way.


While we were painting, Tig was lazily enjoying his last few dog days of summer...


This is my super fabulous pjs and crocs...the most obnoxious shoes ever to be made...


Kaycee showed up! (not to help, of course) but she was around for a little bit anyway.

And, of course, you cant forget to check out the tractors when you go back home! Here is Dad's pulling tractor! (the three wheeler)


Then in the afternoon I went to a wedding of some children of my parents friends. (what a mouth-ful) It was a nice little wedding, with all the nice little things that go along with weddings...like cream cheese mints (my favorite!) and those cute little bells (so old ladies and really beefy guys dont break the fine china)

Ok, so really this story of a day in Morris is supposed to show you that no matter how much you really miss it back home, its still just the same here as it always has been. (although you didnt spend your time like this when you were here, I am sure that the video games and Nykki and Darren are about the same too) and while its weird to be away (for you and I both) its almost just as good to be away and learning, seeing, and experiencing new things.


Oops, I forgot this picture was here...I guess this is what you miss from Morris....?
haha,


Later babe,
Hugs and Kisses,
lala

No comments: