Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Things I have learned...

Here are some things I have learned about being a college student after only being here for three weeks:

1. Stairs do not work if there is an elevator present. I live on the7th floor, and I frequently take the stairs up to my room. The elevators take too long and usually end up stopping on every floor...it takes forever! But there are people who take the elevator to the 2nd floor...that is 20 stairs. That's all, 20. it is 100 stairs up to the 7th. But apparently stairs don't work.

2. If you walk onto the street, all the cars will stop. You defiantly DON'T have to look and see if there are cars coming before you go. I have seen cars swerve to miss people who just wander into the middle of the street without even thinking "hey, there could be big huge steel machines of death driving fast enough to kill me if they hit me."

3. Going to college and not having a job means you can act as immature and "cool" as you want. Mom and Dad are paying for everything right? So why not party and be as stupid as you want to be while you are here?!

I'm sure the list will grow as I am here longer...don't get me wrong, I'm not angry that I have witnessed all these "perks of being a college student." I am actually a bit amused that people who are supposed to be so intelligent can actually act so ignorantly.

No comments: