Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The good, the bad, and the crazy

Dearest Jacob,

I know it was a stressful day for you yesterday, but all I can tell you is that I am praying for you (haha, oops, the first time I typed it I accidentally typed preying. haha, "Im gooona eat-cha!" in my best Scottish accent) and that I will do my best to be here and help you out. Plus, you arent an idiot, you are so smart and you are able to fix any problem that gets in your way. It gets a little shitty at times, but usually the good shines through in the end.
A song from Norah Jones pops into my head every time I think about how far away you are.
(Ironically its called "Thinking About You")


Thinking about You

Yesterday I saw the sun shinin',
And the leaves were fallin' down softly,
My cold hands needed a warm, warm touch,
And I was thinkin' about you.

Here I am lookin' for signs of leaving,
You hold my hand, but do you really need me?
I guess it's time for me to let you go,
And I've been thinkin' about you,
I've been thinkin' about you.

When you sail across the ocean waters,
And you reach the other side safely,
Could you smile a little smile for me?
'cause I'll be thinkin' about you,
I'll be thinkin' about you,
I'll be thinkin' about you,
I'll be thinkin' about you.


My favorite verse is the last one (which I have sung to you a couple times) its so true, now more that ever. Especially with this whole email thing, and the registration and the insurance. but now everything is under control (more or less) and you are still there! so thats a plus too, right? :-)

What really prompted me to write this letter to you was that I am sitting here studying my chinese and for the first time in a long time I am enjoying studying, and enjoying learing and I dont have to worry about my school messing things up or giving us the wrong tests. Its nice to be worry free for once. I finally have an urge to start studying my medic stuff too, which is monumental! I also wanted to thank you for believing in me. you have always believed in me and my skills as a medic, even when you havent even seen me work or really know how everthing goes from that standpoint. Even before we were dating, you helped me study (if you could) but we had study parties and what-not. it was really awesome. So I guess what I am trying to say is thanks for being such an awsome friend, and an even more amazing person than I could ever have hoped for!

Ok, enough of this sap stuff, I found this cartoon that I think you will really enjoy!

Hugs and Kisses,

lala





No comments: